Re: Short-term rentals
From: Margaret Porter (margaret.portermindspring.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 06:41:53 -0800 (PST)
Cohousers--Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about short term rentals.
It was specifically focused on short-term, which can range from a few days to
several months, depending on the community, its governing covenants, and owner
choice. I am wondering about any impact on community functioning and
cohesiveness of such short term renters.  I did not mean to trigger the
important discussion of renters compared with owners in our larger society or
in cohousing generally.  That mix obviously varies with personal finances and
preferences, general economic trends in our country and many other factors.
Longer term renters are often an integral part of cohousing communities and
contribute importantly to them.  Thanks again foro your thoughts, Margaret
Porter, Silver Sage Village