health care and guest room
From: Sue Ellen Hiers (ncdlfrontier.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 07:26:07 -0800 (PST)
Hello,
I've been reading books and articles about co-housing and senior co-housing
that mention one use for a guest room in the common house is for a health aide
worker.  I don't understand how that would work.

- Do agencies require you to provide a bedroom for their aide for 24 hour care?
- Does the person needing 24 hour care need to move into the common house to be
near the aide?
- If this is not for 24 hour care then why provide a bedroom?
- Is there an expectation that a health aide would accept room/board instead of
cash (or a small stipend)?
- I'm told trading room/board for care is common in south Florida, but does
this work in areas where there are not a lot of undocumented people?
- What conditions are required to make this work?

I would love to talk to someone who is actually using the guest room in this
way.

Regards,
Sue Ellen Hiers