Re: FHA Approval
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 10:49:20 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 1, 2014, at 8:04 AM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> There are so many entities involves in the home mortgage transaction that I
> don't think it makes sense to say "stand up for your rights, they can't
> discriminate".  Mortgage lenders and guarantors vary hugely in the amount
> of due diligence they do, how risk averse they are, and even what their
> actual goals are.

But the FHA is not a private bank. It's a Federal Agency. If they are
discriminating it should be on the basis of written and transparent
rules/standards. Not hidden and not in writing. And it should be fairly
exercised across all housing groups.

The rules/standard should also be fairly determined based on factual evidence.
As we all know, cohousing is probably the lowest insurance risk of any class of
housing for which a bank would be applying for insurance.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Elegance in Organization