Re: Costs for Shared Services
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousingpartners.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 10:49:50 -0700 (PDT)
Eris's post reminded me of a experience I had years ago living at Doyle
Street Cohousing (In Emeryville, CA)
(where their is only common laundry--no one has laundry in their own
house).

We had one community wide water meter, but had put in submeters at
construction so we could figure out who used how much if we wanted to.
Some 3-4 years after move in, I wondered if anyone had every tracked the
submeters and suggested we might want to do that...to which my neighbor
said...if its important to you, feel free... But when I thought about my
time and how important that was to do....well I do believe that in 21
years of people living at Doyle Street Cohousing...nobody has ever tracked
those submeters....

Katie

--
Kathryn McCamant, President, Architect