Re: Use of the CH [was Costs for Shared Services [was Shared community internet service
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 14:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
I often only go if I'm expecting a package.

I also often unintentionally subvert our "mailroom as social draw"
architectural decision by picking up people's packages for them on my way
home and dropping them on their porches to save them the trip.  It's pretty
confusing when doing the neighborly thing goes against the cohousing plan!
:-)

Our CH and site were designed in such a way as to force or at least
encourage people to go through the CH to get from parking lot to home, but
for some reason I have never *once* in my entire 5 years of living here
actually done that.  It wouldn't cost me any additional time/distance, I
just never do it.  I think maybe it's because I often have an armload of
stuff and opening the doors feels like too much of a bother.

I wonder if people whose path would actually be *shorter* cutting through
the CH even do it...

Diana