Cohousing at HUD
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousingpartners.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 13:32:41 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

I wanted to share this exciting news ?. HUD is talking about cohousing! See
email below from the woman I work with  on Fannie Mae and FHA Project
Approvals.

"Wanted to share the attached brochure, HUD DC handed out in our roundtable
meeting March 24-26, 2014. You are referenced on Page 2. HUD spoke favorably
in regard to CO-Housing. I'm sure you played a huge part in changing their
views on the whole concept."

The woman who spoke about cohousing was Joanne Kuczuma, who is now the
Housing Program Officer in charge of Condominium Approvals and oversees all
the Homeownership Centers Condo Approval Departments. She handed out a bunch
of stuff off the CohUS website.  Has anyone heard of her before?  This is
HUGE for cohousing!

I think this points out a couple of different things:
1. How important it is to have a National Cohousing Association (how can we
use this to build support for the Association?)
2. The importance of working with professionals that have their own inside
connections. National Condo Advisors is about as straight as organization as
one can find. I have used them to assist me with Fannie Mae and FHA Project
Approvals (which are now much more important for getting competitive loans).
I have also recommend them to numerous other communities, although to date I
only know of 3 communities that have actually use them. But now, cohousing
is one of their client types, so they keep their ears tuned for anything
that might be related to us?.and I don't think we would have even heard
about this meeting had it not been my relationship with this particular
consultant.  Karen went rounds with me on FHA Approval for Wolf Creek Lodge,
as our advocate with FHA/HUD and learned a lot about cohousing in the
process.
Respectfully,

Katie

--
Kathryn McCamant, President, Architect
CoHousing Partners, LLC

Wanted to share the attached brochure, HUD DC handed out in our roundtable
meeting March 24-26, 2014. You are referenced on Page 2. HUD spoke favorably
in regard to CO-Housing. I'm sure you played a huge part in changing their
views on the whole concept.

Have a nice week-end!

Karen Sheppard
Sr Project Underwriter
Condo and Co-op Project Approval and Compliance
Corporate Office
National Condo Advisors, LLC
777 Westchester Avenue, Ste 101
White Plains, NY 10604
888-726-6361 ex 302
914-513-2532
www.nationalcondoadvisors.com <http://www.nationalcondoadvisors.com>

Please Email All PROCESS CONDITIONS TO: docs [at] nationalcondoadvisors.com