Bylaws, Policies & Agreements
From: Kathy Icenogle (kathy.icenoglegmail.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 15:43:59 -0800 (PST)
Do any cohousing communities have anything called Policies?

It doesn't seem like a community should have to amend Bylaws or get
consensus on an Agreement every time there's a need to formalize something
like a business policy.

Our Condo Declaration (CC&R's) gives our Steering Team the power to adopt
Policies, with due notice and comment of the community at large... So, I'm
wondering where policies fit into the cohousing picture...

If you have Policies in your governance, how they are different from
Agreements?   ( Given the difference in how they're created, it's important
to be clear on the difference. )

Thanks,
Kathy
Washington Village (washington-village.com)
Boulder, CO