regarding outdoor cats
From: Karen Carlson (kcarlson2facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:07:40 -0700 (PDT)
When my old cat would not adjust to indoor-only living (jumped off second story
balcony, tried to push screens off windows), he was allowed to stay out the
whole day and inside for the night. To reduce predation of birds, I bought him
a cat bib (search web for vendors). It's not known whether the bib interrupts
pouncing or simply makes the cat very visible to birds (who have good color
vision).This won't stop killing baby bunnies which are simply taken from their
nests but too few rabbits are a rare problem. This cat has died, so my new cats
live solely indoors. All our community cats live indoors which is consistent
with city ordinance.

Karen Carlson
Arboretum Cohousing Community
Madison, Wi