Assessment abatement request
From: Pat Elliott (pdelliott43gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 10:47:32 -0700 (PDT)
A member of our community bought her unit last year but never moved in, her
circumstances having changed. For the last nine months, she has been trying to
sell it or rent it long-term with no success for a variety of reasons. Now she
is requesting that the HOA abate her assessments from about $320 to $100 a
month until she either has a tenant or sells the unit. She says this is what
other cohousing communities do. Of course, we budgeted on the basis of all
units paying full assessments. Her unit being empty makes a very modest
difference in the HOA costs, if any.

What have other communities done in this sort of circumstance?

Pat Elliott