Re: Meals
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantCOHOUSING-SOLUTIONS.COM)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 17:50:32 -0700 (PDT)
Program is not mine to shareŠ. And I¹ve tried to get Ken to offer it, but
cohousers don¹t make it worth it $$. Would be great if someone would write
a similar program and sell it to communities.

People often add at the last minute, or call and say they won¹t make
itŠ.so then the cook just adjust changes in sign ups when they go in and
put in what they spent (there is a cut off amount on what is allowed).  If
you sign up, and then cancel, cook has right to charge you and you can
pick up late plate for lunch tomorrowŠ:)

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

On 9/14/15, 5:34 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Ann Zabaldo"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

>So you charge people based on if they sign up.  What if they don¹t sign
>up?  Or they sign up and don¹t come?
>
>Ditto Sharon¹s request Š can you share this program?
>

>Best --
>
>Ann Zabaldo
>Takoma Village Cohousing
>Washington, DC
>Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
>Falls Church, VA
>703.688.2646
>

>> On Sep 14, 2015, at 8:16 PM, Kathryn McCamant
>><kmccamant [at] cohousing-solutions.com> wrote:
>>

>> Glad to hear you're not starving out there.....
>>
>> We really simplified things when one of our members wrote a nifty
>> web-based meal program for posting menus, sign ups ANDDDDDD all the meal
>> accounting. So now, the cooks put in how much they spent on the meal,
>>and
>> that is automatically divided by all the diners (kids under 3 eat free,
>> kids under 12 eat at half price, 80% for vegies), and we have a rolling
>> tab for every household on line.... If you feel you are out too much
>>money,
>> you can ask for reimbursement from the bookkeeper.  We try to zero out
>>the
>> system $$ at the end of the year.  Make the $$ side really easy.
>>
>> Katie
>> --
>> Kathryn McCamant, President
>> CoHousing Solutions
>> 241B Commercial Street
>> Nevada City, CA 95959
>> T.530.478.1970  C.916.798.4755
>> www.cohousing-solutions.com

  • Re: Meals, (continued)
        • Re: Meals Ann Zabaldo, September 14 2015
        • Re: Meals Kathryn McCamant, September 14 2015
        • Re: Meals Sharon Villines, September 14 2015
        • Re: Meals Ann Zabaldo, September 14 2015
        • Re: Meals Kathryn McCamant, September 14 2015
        • Re: Meals Muriel Kranowski, September 14 2015
      • Re: Meals Kathy Tymoczko, September 15 2015
      • Re: Meals Elizabeth Magill, September 16 2015