Re: Inter-generational age-in-place co-housing communities - are there any out there?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 03:47:54 -0700 (PDT)
Not sure I agree with this advice. At very least don't take it too
literally. Here at Mosaic Commons the hopeful owners of each unit type (5
types in total) got together to design the unit interiors. (With the
architect).  Only about half the units were sold at that point, so the
designs reflected the personal wishes of just a few households. As such,
the designs have some...quirks. (I ended up in a smaller unit than
originally planned, therefore I was not on the design team for my unit
type. And
though I love my home, there are some design choices that make me scratch
my head)

It took us 6 painful, expensive years after construction was complete to
sell all our units. That certainly wasn't primarily because of the unit
designs, to be sure, but absolutely do not take advice that suggests that
marketability is not an important concern

Diana