Re: Inter-generational age-in-place co-housing communities - are there any out there?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 23:55:17 -0700 (PDT)
There is available construction technology — gypcrete floors, double-stud
walls, etc — for minimizing the negatives of units sharing walls or
floor/ceilings.  A little "expensive", perhaps, but not nearly as expensive as
the single family stand-alone.  Or the duplex.

My other piece of advice is ... Design and live in the thing YOU want, not the
thing you imagine will be easy to sell to people you don't know.  You can
safely presume that in most cases, there are others coming after you who are
similar to you, and will be thrilled at a chance to buy your unit; you just
have to have good system for finding them.

Philip Dowds