Re: Types of conflict in cohousing -- did I miss any?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 07:24:14 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 22, 2016, at 7:29 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:
>

> I am thinking that managing conflict in cohousing is like brushing your
> teeth:  It’s something you must do on a regular basis, and you’re never done.
>  Ever.  But if you stop doing it … things get pretty unpleasant, pretty fast.

I wonder if Daniel Pink’s approach would work. Make a game of finding and
discussing conflicts. Rewards for finding conflicts rather than rewards for
ignoring it so it will disappear.

Taking the conflict seriously — not demeaning it — but some joy in resolving it
rather than joy in there being no conflict.

"If you haven’t said something that bothers someone, you haven’t said
anything."

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines