Re: Types of conflict in cohousing -- did I miss any?
From: Mary Baker, Solid Communications (marysolid-communications.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:45:12 -0800 (PST)
Rick, can you provide some examples? ‘Disruptive behaviors’ is good but rather
broad. I know people who label anything they don’t personally like, or that
doesn’t fit their personal utopian vision, as ‘disruptive’. So some examples of
something that are clearly, inarguably disruptive would be helpful.

Laura, I think that would fit neatly under Sharon’s suggestion: lack of clarity
in expectations.

Also, maybe I should clarify that this is a workbook about handling real
conflict—burning anger, repressed resentment, explosions, forms of adult
bullying, broken relationships.

Having said that, I know of one incident where a cohousing member was nearly
excommunicated over a perfect storm of minor issues: a sudden change in garden
team management, moving a fig tree, and off-leash dogs. But these are what I
call ‘trigger events’ and they are not the actual issue.

Regards,
Mary