Re: Types of conflict in cohousing -- did I miss any?
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:52:15 -0800 (PST)
I would add
Differences in how to respond to adversarial behavior.

It can happen that a member refuses to play by the rules, to willingly pay
their share, to respect community decisions and policies. They may even
threaten, or initiate, legal action against the community or individual
members. Everyone is willing to make initial efforts to mediate, to build
bridges, to try to resolve conflicts. But at some point, an individual's
aggressive words or deeds surpass some people's tolerance levels, and in effect
they give up on resolving it, withdrawing from contact with the dissident
member. These people can then feel negative towards those who keep trying to
fix the situation. Might we call this the 'tough love' issue?

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA