Re: How big is too big (for a house)
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 05:01:12 -0700 (PDT)
Wim De Saegher <wim.de [at] saegher.be>
after deleting quoted digest and restoring subject line.

Note this was posted Saturday but I did not get around to dealing
with it yesterday morning.  Fred

A very interesting discussion. Most people feel rather strongly about
building their house as big as they can afford.
As a group, we tried making our houses smaller than the average house, to
lower our economical footprint (land use, construction materials). Our
architect was really helpful in this.

I loved Mary's quote: .  "No personal laundry room, no extra BR, no extra
family room, a small kitchen, etc. drives people of all ages to use the
common spaces **which I believe is an asset**." (emphasis mine)

Love
Wim