Re: Calif HOAs - worker's comp requirements for onsite labor?
From: Alicia Nowicki (
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 13:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mariana,
Our current insurer does cover if a volunteer or employed laborer gets injured 
on the job.  
Our insurance is through Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
                                        777 108th Ave. NE, #200
                                        Bellvue, WA 98004
The producer is Marilee Combs  email:  Marilee_Combs [at] 
<mailto:Marilee_Combs [at]>

Perhaps that will help,
Alicia Nowicki
Tierra Nueva CoHousing

> On Sep 18, 2018, at 9:10 AM, Mariana Almeida via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l 
> [at]> wrote:
> Hi there, 
> I've searched the archives but didn't see anything...
> We have determined that our regular insurance wouldn't cover a worker who got 
> injured on site (or something like that.)
>   - What have you done to make sure your laborers, esp. single owner types, 
> comply with worker's comp? We haven't yet required insurance verification but 
> might start to. Is there a way to check electronically?    
>   - Is there any type of insurance we could buy that would take care of this 
> situation? 
> We do like using more casual labor when we can.
> Thanks!Mariana in Berkeley, CA
> _________________________________________________________________
> Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.