Re: Dining room tables
From: Sharon Villines (sharon.villinesicloud.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 09:11:19 -0800 (PST)
> On Nov 19, 2019, at 12:33 AM, Linda Hobbet <coho [at] lindahobbet.com> wrote:
>
> We are researching tables for our dining room. I imagine have similar
> criteria:
>
> 1) Collapse, stack, and/or fold-up so they take as little space as possible
> when we want to use the dining room for something else, like dancing, a
> performance, etc.
> 2) Easy to move around.
> 3) Well-made so they last a long time.
> 4) Affordable.
> 5) Healthy (glues and finishes, etc) and environmentally sustainable.
> 6) Good-looking.
>
> What is your community using and what are the pros and cons.

This is the Jimmy Hoffa question of Cohousing. Anyone who can design a table
that meets all these needs would be famous! Think “Big Book Deal" — well, not
exactly but big table orders. We’ve been looking for 15 years.

We have tables that are very nice and sturdy and fold up, but each one weighs
over 100 lbs and it takes two to safely fold them up and transfer them to a
rolling cart to clear the room.

No one wants to use tablecloths in our open multi-use room. We wouldn’t be
happy with less sturdy tables. They have to fold, although I must say that they
have not been folded and cleared out for sometime. A lot of us just got tired
of moving them. Aluminum is the perfect solution but it’s metal and not cozy
feeling.

Let us know when you find them, or create them!

Sharon
——
Sharon Villines Washignton DC
Takoma Village Cohousing