Re: Two free Sociocracy Overview Classes, Mar 16, 18
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 08:52:02 -0800 (PST)
Hello Chris and all,
         While we do make recordings of each session in our 10-week sociocracy
course and send them to participants in that course, we make them of our free
classes only so we ourselves can watch the videos later in order see what works
well or not so we can keep improving these free classes.
        However, we don't make recordings of these classes available to people
who sign up for them. This is because we're doing this not only to offer
something useful to others, but also to promote our online course, and don't
want to give away our product (or rather, our service) for free. Free classes
for people who sign up for the classes are one thing, as we can create a sense
of getting to know people, and some of them sign up for our course, which is
great! And  . . we like to do it. However, recordings of our teaching sessions
that can go out there into the world at large, with no connection or
relationship with the people who watch them, are like "giving away the store,"
and that's another thing.
        We do offer private courses for individual nonprofits, businesses, or
intentional communities, and I've done this several times. So I could do a
course for your company itself. The times for private courses can be at any
time of day, such as during the daytime on a weekend, which can accommodate
people in the UK and Europe. Also, it's likely that in our 10-week online
public courses scheduled for September, we'll offer a class at a weekend
daytime time like this.
        Two other organizations that offer sociocracy training online are The
Socicoracy Consulting Group (TSCG) https://sociocracyconsulting.com/
<https://sociocracyconsulting.com/>   and Sociocracy for All (SoFA)
https://www.sociocracyforall.org/ <https://www.sociocracyforall.org/>
        All good wishes, Diana