Re: offensive language in the game
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 13:32:27 -0800 (PST)
It was my intent to talk about the harm caused by using mental health
diagnosis to label people, rather than talking about the behavior that
you are dealing with. I believe that causes harm.

Because that is what is on my mind I'm having trouble thinking about
what might cause offense without causing harm but it could be that I'm
just in a different mindset.
My first reaction is that I don't try to figure out what other people
mean other than what they've said--so if they say "please don't use
that way of labelling people" I just try not to do that; if they are
harmed or offended does seem relevant? But again, maybe I'm not
following what you are getting at?

(Also, I say I don't try to figure out what people mean other than
what they've said, of course I do that but I sure *try* not to let
that guessing game affect my behavior.)

Liz

--
-Liz