Re: child raising brochure clarification
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
Carol notes about her own community:

"2 households left (in part) from feeling like other parents were not
supervising their children"
and
"they didn't like others in the community pointing out the destruction
their children were doing"

This is very judgemental language and I'm betting those families would
use *very
*different words to describe what went on. Sure, I've felt that way and
I've used those words in private conversation or discussion with my own
community, but if you are proposing to discuss general guidelines or
experiences of parenting in cohousing, snapping back at families whose
parenting-in-community approaches are not compatible with yours is not a
good way to start.

It might be helpful to articulate how you think those families would have
described that situation, what words they would have used.

Diana
Mosaic Commons, Berlin, MA