Re: associate members
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 19:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
In terms of people who sometimes live in the community, it is up to
the owner to decide who is a member of their household. So if they say
someone is part of their household and are members then they are
members.

For people who don't live here, we have a category called "affiliates"
for people who want to have the privileges and responsibilities of
membership. They pay 5% of our average dues (we have a sliding scale)
and help with work and with the fun.

We have called this thing associates, and then we changed it to friend
and now it is affiliate. Calling it a "friend" was a mistake, some
people thought that everyone who was their friend should be made
one---really, we want everyone to feel free to invite friends anytime.
Affiliate status costs money and has a [slight] commitment.

Liz at Mosaic commons, Berlin, MA.