Re: associate members
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 00:52:45 -0700 (PDT)
Adding on to what Liz said about Mosaic’s affiliates.

Alan asked how we decide when someone has crossed from visitor to
affiliate. Our policy (after lots of discussion) is that an affiliate is
proposed by two “sponsors”. So it’s an active decision by the potential
affiliate and their sponsors. Also while that transition sometimes is as
you describe— they hang around for awhile and then find they want to.be
more involved — in fact the majority of our affiliates are people who used
to live here, and/or residents of our “sister” cohousing group with whom we
share land.

Here’s the actual policy.
https://www.mosaic-commons.org/affiliates