Re: What do you want to talk about?
From: Martie Weatherly (mhweatherlyearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 06:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
Liberty Village, formed between 1995 and 2000 and moved in 2000-2001. We only
built half of our community due to county restrictions, and are now starting to
sell the next ten available lots.

Community is now about half "pioneers" and half "settlers".

We knew it was going to be challenging to bring in new people but it is more
challenging than we thought. Of the "settlers", we have 3 who are participating
fully with us, 3 who participate little and 2 families who are very vocal
critics.

What seems to us to be missing is the level of trust we had for each other when
we started. That is still present in the pioneers toward each other but not in
the general community. We are more divisive on topics than we were. People are
more wedded to their point of view.

Some of us think we could use more training from your book on how to shift from
a you vs me culture to a we culture. How do we incorporate people who get
adamant about their point of view?

It is more tiring than it was and we are all 20 years older! And we now have
the second half of the community to build.

Thanks for this topic.  And thanks for all you are doing for cohousing
communities.

Martie Weatherly
301-538-6811 text is best
Health and Wellness Coach