Process for non payment of dues
From: BETSY ALGIRE (betsy1945comcast.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 21:25:45 -0700 (PDT)
Our finance team at Liberty Village cohousing in Union Bridge, Maryland, has
asked me to get some input from Cohousing-L about an issue that has come up in
our community. We would like to know how other communities have handled non
payment of dues and other expenses by their members. We have had a serious
problem with this in the past year. Since the people involved have made no
attempt to explain why they are not paying what they owe, we are at a lost on
how to handle this. We have discussed creating a method to allow members to ask
for a short period of respite from paying but are not sure what criteria we
should use and how to set this up. If any other communities have had this
problem and have set up a process to deal with it please reply on this thread.
Thanks for your consideration.
In Community
Betsy Algire