Re: Leave of Absence
From: Deborah Behrens (debbehAuto-trol.COM)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 11:13 CDT
> Date: Sun, 14 Aug 94 21:26 CDT
> From: Dan Ardoin <71045.2023 [at] compuserve.com>
> >From the Grell Cohousing group in Oceano, CA:
>
> How have other groups delt with member requests for leave of absence?
> Specifically, can a member maintain seniority in the group and for a
> time not pay monthly dues and not attend meetings.  How do other groups
> feel about this?  How have others handled this type of situation?
> Is there some creative solution out there or is this something that
> groups cannot allow?

We're not living in community yet at Highline Crossing, so all of our
interaction is meetings of one sort or another.  We have one member
who withdrew from participation for two months to study for the bar exam.
We didn't have a problem with it.  We've another member who withdrew
for a year or so, and I just met for the first time at a meeting
yesterday.   I guess he's back in the fold as an active member,
but I'm not sure. We have other members who live out of state, so
they of course do not participate actively, but I presume they pay their
dues.

I'm not sure what we'll do about back dues, quite a few of us are behind,
because our dues chairperson left the group.  We'll probably assess the
back dues (it's only $25/quarter), so that we can cover all our mailings
and such - postage costs add up when the group's not living together
yet.  Trying to keep everyone informed when not everyone can get to every
meeting (including committees) entails alot of mailings.

Mostly we're working on Trust, I guess.

                            ~___~
                            (0 0)
 |  Debbie Behrens              debbeh [at] auto-trol.com   (303)252-2215 |
 |  Highline Crossing CoHousing                        (303)457-4184 |