Re: Waiting Lists
From: Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob (dmmjncal.verio.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:59:58 -0500

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Becky Schaller wrote:

> 1.  Do they pay a one time fee or do they need to continue paying some
> kind of ongoing monthly or quarterly fee to remain on the waiting list?

A one-time deposit (small - about $350)

> 2.  Do people sign up to be on the waiting list for a particular unit,
> a particular type of unit (such as two bedroom) or is there one list
> for the entire community?

one list for the entire community.

> 3.  When a unit becomes available, how long does the household which is
> unit?   How long do they have to come up with the money?

We didn't have anything like this in place the one time someone from the
waiting list has had the opportunity to become a unit-assigned household,
and it was really a problem. They took a long time to decide; things were
looking dicey about the project continuing at all; the people who wanted
to leave really wanted their money back out (it was borrowed and they were
paying interest on it) and were getting angry that we weren't actively
recruiting from the outside to fill the space. Since then we said "Two
weeks to decide, and an additional 2 weeks to come up with the money." But
that hasn't been tested out yet....