Selection and Weirdo stereotyping
From: DCS (cdmemployees.org)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:12:31 -0700 (MST)
Sounds like an awful lot of stereotyping going on in this post below, as
well as a desire to be stereotyped in order to rebel against the
stereotype.

Interesting dynamic.

I believe cohousing works because of trust and faith; these would be my
only criteria for selection if we were forced to come up with a
selection process. Fortunately, we didn't have a selection process, and
we "took" whoever was attracted to us and our message. We ended up with
a great group of people, very white but still very diverse in life
experience and points of view.

In the end, it's not who you say you are, but what you do with your life
that really counts. I look at my neighbors here and am so impressed with
how they choose to live. We defy stereotyping. I wouldn't have missed
this for the world.

Christine Della Maggiora
Eno Commons Cohousing
Durham NC