refrigerators redux
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:51:01 -0700 (MST)
At 12:01 PM 11/25/01 -0600, you wrote:
The problem isn't the fridge sticking out beyond the counter per se.  The
problem is that our architect doesn't seem to have designed with this
depth refrigerator in mind.  There are units where you can't open the
dishwasher or you hit the cabinets on the opposite side of a U when you
open the refrigerator door.  And one person in a wheelchair can't get her
fridge door open even with a side-by-side refrigerator.

Ooops. That is a problem. When I moved into Doyle Street, I couldn't open my oven door because it banged into the closed dishwasher door handle. An architect would never design a door between rooms so it couldn't open. You'd think they'd have the same sort of sensibility about clearance for the doors of standard size kitchen appliances.

Joani