Re: refrigerators redux
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:00:02 -0700 (MST)
I was going to write that it was an architect problem, and not a
refrigerator problem, but it seemed to be shutting the barn door after the
horses got out, so I deleted it.

But it does bring up a point, doesn't it? I think it would behoove groups to
have a kitchen designer help them when it gets to that point in the process.
I think there is a real lack of knowledge about kitchen design in cohousing
homes, from what I've heard over the years. We have special needs, since our
kitchens tend to be more compact than regular homes. We, too have an oven
door/dishwasher problem, amongst many other problems in the kitchens, which
could have been averted with better planning.

Our architect got several awards for the design of this place, but the
kitchens could be lots better. I think this being a traditional female
territory, they just don't really care, architecture still being a
male-dominated profession.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing