Children
From: sbraun (sbraungmavt.net)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:11:01 -0700 (MST)
<<Children who don't have those experiences grow up to be adults who
hold loud cell  phone conversations in libraries, step over the fence to
get a close-up photo of the alligator, and sulk if their partner asks,
"Why do we always have to go there?">>

Now that is one statement that I would dearly love to see some research
findings on. Like, take a group of inconsiderate grownups and find out
how they were raised. Or take a group of depressed grownups and find out
how they were raised, or a group of grownups with low self esteem, etc.
etc.

It's really hard to know how parenting style affects the outcome.

Okay, this is getting off topic... I'm really curious, though, because
the above belief is so universally accepted and I have never seen proof
of it.

Sheila
www.champlainvalleycohousing.org

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:;Sheila Braun
FN:Sheila Braun
ORG:Champlain Valley Cohousing
TITLE:Project Coordinator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(802) 425-5030
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(802) 425-7121
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(802) 238-2667
TEL;WORK;FAX:(802) 425-5033
ADR;WORK:;;773 Greenbush Road;Charlotte;VT;05445;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:773 Greenbush Road=0D=0ACharlotte, VT
05445=0D=0AUnited States of America
URL;WORK:http://www.champlainvalleycohousing.org
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:sbraun [at] gmavt.net
REV:20030113T001809Z
END:VCARD