Beds and baths
From: curcio (curciocruzio.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:23:34 -0700 (MST)
We are creating some initial recommendations to our development team
concerning housing design.  Affordability is a major issue for us so we are
trying to balance cost saving measures with making the units desirable to
live in.

We would like to limit unit choices to standard 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
models.  A couple of members in our group would like a large 3 bedroom.
Does it make sense to replace our 4 bedroom option with a large 3 bedroom,
or should we offer both a large and standard 3 bedroom?  Or does our initial
offer make the most sense?

Another issue is bathrooms.  Since bathrooms are a major expense, does it
make sense to limit 2 bedroom units to 1 bathroom instead of 1.5, and 3
bedroom units to 1.5 instead of 2?  Has anyone ever built units with the
plumbing intalled but fixtures to be added at a later date?

--
Jon Curcio
Santa Cruz Cohousing