Should individual "sponsorship" be allowed of community property?
From: Diane Simpson (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:32:13 -0600 (MDT)
Hi everyone,
We recently went through Value Engineering and here is a question from our
group that came out of that process. (In which we found out we could not
afford everything that we wanted) You can reply to me or to the list,
however you prefer. Thanks,

Diane Simpson, JP Cohousing in Boston Mass.

Should anyone be 'allowed' to just pick an item and sponsor it?  For
example, what if there was a person who wanted to just pay to put the
walkways in.  And what if that money comes in earmarked for walkways  but
the soundproofing is still not funded.  Should we just accept the gift? Or
make some sort of policy that says we will accept gifts but only to fund
the items in the VE priority order. (But what if a person can't afford to
pay for soundproofing but is happy to fund the
 fireplace....see the problem?) What have other groups done?

--
D I A N E   S I M P S O N
COHO [at] THEWORLD.COM