Re: meat at every meal or not
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:02:07 -0600 (MDT)
Don Weil, Solterra Cohousing Community, Durham, NC  DWeil20688 [at] aol.com
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html  and
   http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/
Hi all

At Solterra, we have only one cooked meal a week and one potluck. We have
several macrobiotic (similar to vegan without sugar but including fish),
some vegetarians and the remaining meat-eaters. One person cannot eat
onions. Most cooking teams try to accommodate everyone. At many potlucks
people often bring a dish that is OK with everyone. Cards are placed next
to each dish indicating the contents.

If cooks are unfamiliar with how to prepare a macrobiotic version of a dish
or dessert, they usually check with one of our macrobiotic cooks for a recipe.