Re: Architectural Review
From: TandemWriters (TandemWritersaol.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 07:33:23 -0800 (PST)

In a message dated 1/29/2005 8:28:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sharon [at] sharonvillines.com writes:

But if  this doesn't happen? What if some things are beyond the pale? Or
sort of  bit by bit the place starts looking like what Lynn describes at
Rosewind?

And again, Lot development is totally different from  attached buildings
and apartments.

One person's treasure is another person's trash.

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for the residents to get to know
one another better.
This kind of situation could be divisive if not treated in a respectful and
mature way.  Gossiping about what offends begins to drawn lines in the  sand.
Intuitively I would recommend a workshop, perhaps on communication  as
opposed to restriction of expression. Now I'm not a total pollyanna, and I do
know
that some will always cross the line of decency and it's these minority for
whom we write and re-write volumes of rules.  Perhaps it would be easier  for
the group to find a creative way of approaching the offender with concerns
including a firm resolve of what will be the consequence of ig-norance.

"Beige" is great for resale of property according to a real estate friend  of
mine but she also includes as an afterthought that it is no way to  live.
Nor is, what we call in Florida, having to live under the eye of  "condo
commandos."  Co-housing for me is about having fun for the rest  of my life
with
people that I grow to love and appreciate and respect.   That includes being
willing to hear out an opposing view.  Have you noticed  that the older you get
the
faster the years go by?  I have.  Trust me,  there are significantly more
important issues to attend to that will  enhance the quality of life in your
community, bringing people together, rather  than limiting expression.  Get
together, dance for a few hours and then sit  down and discuss the issues.
Have
fun, life's short.

Dana
Excited soon to be resident of Sharingwood