Re: Micro Living Units -- Affordable
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 05:52:58 -0800 (PST)

On 4 Nov 2014 Sharon Villines wrote:
> There is also room of micro units for young people.
> The 20-somethings.

These two thoughts reminded me of where my 20-something son lived
for a year while in college. It was a complex of units that had
4 bedrooms around a kitchen,dining/living room, laundry
and 2 bathrooms.  It had individual leases for each bedroom tho I
think many units were shared by people who knew each other before
sharing a unit.

All bedrooms have a large closet. (It also has 4 bedroom/4
bathroom and 2 bedroom/2 bathroom variants.)  See floor plans
at: http://www.jeffersonatberry.com/floor-plans.php

I also remember an architect friend telling me years ago about his
inovation in more conventional apartments that had several large
bedrooms (rather than a 'master" bedroom with smaller bedrooms).

Inclusion of a unit intended to be shared might be an attractive
option of some.

Fred