Re: Church Conversion Retrofit Cohousing Panel for National Conference in NC
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:47:14 -0800 (PST)
True in its way, but … As the founders cycle away (and they all will), and
newcomers rotate in, what the newcomers are buying, at that point, is not the
architectural vision, but rather an established social dynamic … which, as you
correctly point out, they will soon start to influence (we hope).  But the
shared experience of designing and developing a project forges a day one social
dynamic that cannot be readily simulated by strangers moving in among strangers
and saying “Hi, how do YOU think we should do cohousing?”

RPD

PS: I used to do residential design and construction, mostly for married
couples, and either they decided that designing one’s own home was one of the
great adventures of their lives, or they got divorced.

Arizona weather can’t be beat.