Re: Church Conversion Retrofit Cohousing Panel for National Conference in NC
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:30:02 -0800 (PST)
Having "forged a social dynamic" as one of the developers of a community that
was less than half full at the end of construction....

And now creating new community that includes everyone...

I think that "you must design" is highly over-rated. To be clear I loved doing
it.

But you can't do it with a huge group, and it creates a social dynamic that
ends up feeling ownership of design decisions which were not all perfect. And
its harder to be inclusive of everyone if one third of the folk always remember
what we were "going to do back in the day".

I'm not arguing against groups designing their own space, just against the idea
that that is BEST.

Its just different in my view.

-Liz
(The Rev.) Elizabeth M. Magill