Re: Meals
From: Heather Carver (tierrabodhigmail.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 08:59:35 -0700 (PDT)
At Columbia Ecovillage, our meals are voluntary. A few people sign up to cook
every month (thanks to the reminders of our Meals Cheerleader). Others sign up
to assist and clean. Adults pay $5, kids over 12 $3. under 12 are free. I think
most people come to meals at least occasionally; some, never. Number of diners
generally ranges from about 20 to 40. We grow a lot of vegetables and fruit
here, so using the produce is always one goal. Some cooks create feasts; me, I
usually do soup, or some kind of rice & beans variation.

Payment is in advance. On our common meals calendar, we sign up to cook, clean,
and eat. If there is not enough money in our household account for the number
of people we’re signing up, it gently reminds us. This wonderful system is part
of Mosaic by Sean Davey, who is on this list and hosts intranets for several
communities.

Somehow the idea of community meals was what made me say—I want to live in
cohousing! I had never before cooked for 30 people, but I really enjoy it. And
I appreciate it when someone else cooks so I don’t have to.

Heather Carver

> ------------------------------
>
> End of Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 140, Issue 20

  • Re: Meals, (continued)
      • Re: Meals Sharon Villines, September 15 2015
        • Re: Meals Sharon Villines, September 15 2015
        • Re: Meals Richard L Kohlhaas, September 20 2015
        • Re: Meals Beverly Jones Redekop, September 23 2015
    • Re: Meals Heather Carver, September 15 2015
    • Re: meals Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah, September 15 2015
      • Re: meals Muriel Kranowski, September 15 2015
        • Re: meals Richard L Kohlhaas, September 15 2015
    • Re: Meals Bryan Syverson, September 15 2015