Re: Privacy for Introverts
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:40:49 -0700 (PDT)
I'd go so far as to say that Introvert/Extrovert is irrelevant to this
discussion.

As Liz notes, here at Mosaic Commons we socialize quite a lot on our
porches.  But it isn't true that someone being on the porch means they
*want* to socialize. The porches are also lovely outdoor space in their own
right.  I'm an extrovert but I don't want to socialize all the
time...sometimes I'm actually on the porch working, or taking some
down-time.

It also isn't either-or.  Sometimes, I want quiet/private to work or
think.  Sometimes, I'm happy for visitors to sit down next to me and chat.
Sometimes, I'm happy to say hello and exchange pleasantries, but don't wish
a *prolonged *conversation.

And no, I don't think what Sharon says ("most people here are aware when
someone wants conversation or not") applies to me, or perhaps to other
people here at MC.  I don't know how they'd know!

Diana