Re: Privacy for Introverts
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:30:49 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 30, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> And no, I don't think what Sharon says ("most people here are aware when
> someone wants conversation or not") applies to me, or perhaps to other
> people here at MC.  I don't know how they'd know!

Usually physical. Don’t make eye contact. Subtly put your hand to your forehead
to block eye contact. Sounds awful but is very effective and many people do it
anyway when they are writing and leaning on their elbow. Pretend you are
rubbing your temple.

Say, i’m in the middle of a thought -I’ll forget where I am if I talk.

If it is persistently one person, sometimes asking another person to talk to
them works. Some people would call me all day long for no good reason. A friend
reminded them that my home is also my office. For me to do that would have been
an affront, especially because I would probably have said it when I was angry.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC