Elevator Speech
From: Ruth J Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 23:35:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Ann ++,

Well, this is not precisely an Elevator Speech.  Yet it was very helpful.
While we were in development (we are approaching TWENTY years in residence)
I was the phone contact for some of those years.   People often asked what we
had in common:  was it w religious group?  Political?
What I came to say,  and it seemed to satisfy folks (and did I mention that we
finally had enough actual folks to build!)  Was:

"We all seem to have a sense of humor and to like good food."

Simple.
True.
Relatable.
No one nodded off (short.)

Of course, these were folks calling because they were already curious.
Use it if it is helpful,

Ruth Hirsch
Cantines island
Saugerties

> <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net>
> Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2016 10:24 AM
> To: Cohousing-L
> Subject: [C-L]_ Marketing:  The Elevator Drop Pitch
>
> Hello all ?
>
> I just uploaded this week?s Mid Atlantic Cohousing newsletter to the MAC
> Cohousing Blog.   The main entry is on how to construct an elevator drop
> pitch for marketing.  This is a short 10-30 second pitch you can use to
> enroll someone into using  your product or service or cohousing community.
> You can read about it here:
>
> http://www.midatlanticcohousing.org/cohousing-blog
>
> I?m sure many of you have developed and used these pitches in building your
> community.  I?d like to collect them and post them both to the MAC website
> and to the Cohousing.org website so they will be available references for
> everyone.  You can read the blog posting and click on the link to submit your
> suggestion or you can email it to me directly: ann.zabaldo [at] gmail.com
> Even better:  share your pitch on this email list!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC