Re: What’s so funny ‘bout peace love & understanding?
From: castrohom [at] aol.com (castrohomaol.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 10:50:22 -0800 (PST)
I find this thread thoroughly thought provoking
In our own newly forming community there was an emphasis on conflict resolution
and non-violent this or that - which inevitably focusses on - well resolving
conflict and violence. And it made some of us uneasy.
We had some interesting discussions about this issue that included pondering on
what might happen if there were a more active focus on enhancing goodwill and
kindness and all those other fine community building qualities.
Our Process Committee changed it’s name to CUE: Communication and Understanding
Enhancement.
The mission of the Process Working Group is to create healthy communication
within our community through ongoing education, evaluation, and process
improvement.
We agreed that it was not intended to resolve issues that arise but to
reinforce the need for healthy communication within the group.
The hope is that through good communication practices we can often resolve
differences with win-win compromises. Our processes must meet the needs of a
variety of personalities each with their own tolerance and method of addressing
conflict. For example, some people are more comfortable dealing with strong
feelings in writing rather than in a discussion.
We are not expecting to be conflict-free but focussing on the good will and
kindness has definitely made me a better person.

Our ‘wordle’ based on a community survey about what is important to individuals
in our group about living in community

Warm wishes!

Miranda
Gainesville Cohousing