Re: What’s so funny ‘bout peace love & understanding?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 06:48:12 -0800 (PST)
> On Feb 16, 2016, at 9:35 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:
>
> So I would agree that a pathological fixation on “problems” and “difficult
> people” and “violent communication” is bad for coho life.  But I am not yet
> on board with the notion that ordinary kindnesses and casual empathy will, by
> themselves, lead us out of the woods of controversy.

This idea is related to the notion that if it isn’t working we don’t have the
right "process.” "We don’t know if this is a good idea because we haven’t
processed it.” You didn’t follow the process.

Another poster once said, those of us who are not into process, just skip the
middle of the discussion and come back when it gets to the point. That isn’t to
say that process isn’t important but sometimes process is process with no
effect except to avoid discussing the issues.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC