Re: Insurance
From: Edwin Simmers (
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 09:57:00 -0800 (PST)
It’s very difficult to address, even broadly, the details of an insurance 
policy one isn’t able to read. Insurance agents are often the best source of 
information about insurance policies offered by the companies they represent.

It is, of course, important to be clear about what sort of liability or loss 
one wishes to be covered before talking to an insurance agent. Is it coverage 
for monetary loss caused by an error or omission of a person or entity 
(typically an officer or board of an association) legally responsible for 
making organization decisions? Is it coverage for intentional fraud or theft? 
Is is liability insurance for injury to another? No-fault coverage for medical 
or wage-loss expenses?  

With that information in mind, a group will be better prepared to investigate 
the various policies offered by private insurance companies. Don’t forget to 
check with your state's workers compensation systems to see if there is 
coverage for community members injured while performing tasks that are 

> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 03:29:30 -0500
> From: Clara Lovatt <claraagnes48 [at]>
> Subject: [C-L]_ Insurance
> Just a general question about insurance to cover cohousing
> members/volunteers working on circles and task groups - pre and post move
> in.   Does the typical board liability type of insurance cover all the
> kinds of work done by volunteers in cohousing?

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.