Re: Commercial dishwasher
From: Chuck Harrison (cfharrgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 12:41:08 -0700 (PDT)
I'll be the weird contrarian and say we're happy with our ancient Jackson
commercial unit; 23 households, one or two common meals a week (pre-covid).

We bought this from a used restaurant equipment dealer 20 years ago and
it's probably turning 40 years old this year. Of course a year of cohousing
use is like a week in a restaurant, so no surprise that it's lasted. We
have been able to deal with the few problems ourselves (we've had a couple
of mechanically handy residents); we mostly maintain our own laundry
appliances as well.

I think most of us are fond of the old beast and of the team aspect of
keeping it fed during meals cleanup. Ours only takes 5-10 minutes to get
steamed up, isn't too loud, and does a load in 90 seconds.

I'm not saying I'd recommend against home dishwashers when this one finally
gives up the ghost, but it's kind of a community member now :)

Chuck
Duwamish Cohousing, Seattle