Re: Commercial dishwasher
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 12:17:31 -0700 (PDT)
> On Apr 21, 2021, at 2:50 PM, Katie Henry <katie-henry [at] att.net> wrote:
>
> Can anyone recommend (or advise against) their commercial dishwasher? I
> checked the archives but the posts all seem to be 10 or 15 years old. This is
> for a community of 36 homes.

As Joanie says, the discussion is old, but long and nothing has changed.
Sanitizers are big, loud, and not easy for everyone to use. And service also
has to be done a commercial service so you are competing with every restaurant
in the area. I seem to remember that they charged $300 just to come out.

We replaced our Hobart with two highend Kitchenaids and have never looked back.
Everyone knows how to use a dishwasher. Any of hundreds of service people can
install and fix them if ever required. They are all but silent. And we never
have dishes sitting around waiting for someone to fire up the sanitizer.
(Heating the water takes an hour.)

We also switched from Fiestaware to Corell because it fit better. Maybe a few
times we had dishes left for anther run after the two were loaded but only
because they were super large celebration dinners. 43 households, and about 30
people at a meal?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Save Our Planet. It's the only one with chocolate.