Re: strategies to rein in escalating purchase prices
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 07:46:58 -0700 (PDT)
> On May 27, 2021, at 8:57 AM, Olaf Kula <kulaolaf1957 [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> are grants, lending concessions, or tax incentives,
> to offset the higher building costs.

I forgot to answer the second question

I Googled “grants passive house in the US”

The first hit was an article on the ProudGreenHome.com website:
"Grant will fund Passive House certified affordable housing”

Unfortunately the link wasn’t working when I tried but the excerpt looks
promising

> Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) announced a major initiative, funded by a
> grant from the John D. ... MacArthur Foundation, to support the development
> of affordable housingthat meets the stringent PHIUS+ 2015 passive building
> energy performance standard.

This is a 2015 grant but it helps you find the ProudGreenHome.com site and the
Passive House Institute US, which you may not have contacted. These people are
promoting Passive House so they would have information on this. If you can
interest some one in a cohousing project, they might be interested.

This page lists incentive programs by state:
https://www.phius.org/software-resources/incentives/incentives

No listings for New Mexico or surrounding states today but there is always
tomorrow. And this is listed as a national organization:

https://www.enterprisecommunity.org/solutions-and-innovation/green-communities

> Enterprise Green Communities: Affordable Housing-New Construction, Retrofit
> encourages construction or rehab of energy efficient and affordable homes,
> with bonus points for PHIUS+, Living Building Challenge, or ZER Home
> certification.

When trying to get people interested, also mention the cost of the project so
they know it is larger than a breadbox and worth their time for the publicity
value.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines, Editor & Publisher
Affordable Housing means 30% of household income
Cohousing means self-developed, self-governed, self-managed
http://affordablecohousing.com

To subscribe to the discussion list send a blank message to:
affordablecohousing+subscribe [at] groups.io