Re: Cohousing Principles and the Contradictions of Practice
From: Art Gorski (agorskirice.edu)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:54:05 -0700 (MST)

1. Do you feel it's necessary or appropriate to have one person with
absolute power to perform it?

Absolutely. Yes. Listserv moderation is not a democracy. On the internet you vote with your feet and go start a listserv that meets your needs.

2. Do you feel it appropriate that he should do so without providing any
formal statement of the standards on which this censorship is based?

Sure.  He owns the list.

I don't mean to kick up a fuss, but this list hasn't been working for me
lately. I almost simply unsubscribed a few minutes ago, but then read
Sheila Braun's posting about discrimination, which somehow made me feel
I ought to at least run this up the flagpole before I walk away.  Thank
you for your consideration.

I've been tempted to unsubscribe a number of times myself as a lurker, not a poster that gets 'censored'. But that's because of the POSTS, not because of the moderator.

Art Gorski    <http://is.rice.edu/~agorski/>
90% Houston, Texas and 10% Prescott, Arizona