Re: This list
From: racheli (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:31:01 -0700 (MST)
I'm opposed to censorship of content, but am a stickler
for insisting on people abiding by ground rules regarding
behavior (No name calling, put-downs, etc.).
IMO censorship of content tends to have a damaging effect.
It's common to hear that if such control isn't being
exerted, people will leave.  However, some people leave
out of frustration when their opinions don't get aired,
so I'm not sure how valid this argument is.

It's useful to encourage people have the correct
headings on posts, so that those who are not interested
in a given topic can easily delete without wasting their
time trying to figure out what's what.

R.